Believing that ‘all have sinned and come short of the glory of God’ (Romans 3:23), and that ‘the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord’ (Romans 6:23), and that this eternal life is freely offered to all and may be obtained by faith in Christ Jesus worked by the Holy Spirit; and in obedience to our Lord’s command, ‘Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature’ (Mark 16:15); we endeavour to bring the gospel of salvation to lost sinners and to promote the Holy Bible as well as sound, biblical and Reformed literature as well as the strengthening of the faith of the people of God.
What does it mean to be Reformed?
To be Reformed means, to test all things, to hold onto what is good, what is according to Scripture and the once for all delivered faith, and to reject whatever does not stand up to the test of Scripure. 1 Thess. 5:21 Gal. 6:4
Statement of Beliefs
- We believe the Bible to be the only inerrant Word of God. It is our only ultimate and infallible authority for faith and practice.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent, that is, He is all-powerful. He is omnipresent, that is, He is present throughout all Creation but not limited by it. He is omniscient, that is, nothing is hidden from His sight. In all things He is limited by nothing other than His own nature and character.
- We believe the God we serve is holy, righteous, good, severe, loving and full of mercy. He created the heavens and earth, and everything in them, in the space of six ordinary days, and all very good. He is the Creator, Sustainer, and Governor of everything that has been made.
- We believe in the true deity and full humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe in the full deity of the Holy Spirit, acknowledging Him together with the Father and the Son in the works of creation and redemption.
- We believe that because of Adam’s sin all mankind is in rebellion against God. For the salvation of such lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary.
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith alone, and that faith without works is dead.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and lost; those who are saved to the resurrection of life, and those who are lost to the resurrection of damnation. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.